The Sunny Side of it

Friday 13 May 2016

Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin Collection Review



A few weeks ago I was given a set of Jo Malone bath and body toiletries as a leaving gift from work. I was so excited as I’ve bought Jo Malone products for family and friends in the past but have never splurged on their goodies for myself.

So I was gifted with the gorgeous set of travel body & hand wash, body & hand lotion and bath oil all in the signature Lime Basil and Mandarin fragrance.

According to new research, citrus fruit fragrances are not only beneficial when trying to attract the perfect mate, but also can have major health benefits too. Apparently fragrances with a citrus smell can lessen anxiety, stress, nausea and people have reported better digestion. How’s that for some food for thought?  

Firstly the smell of the fragrance. The basil has a peppery bite that is complimented by the aromatic white thyme scent. The citrus smell of fresh limes and mandarin brings an unexpected twist to the fragrance giving a fresh Caribbean breeze aroma. It’s a perfect everyday fragrance and one that I do urge everyone to sample in store.

The body & hand lotion is readily absorbed and moisturises beautifully, leaving the skin dewy and delicately scented. I found that the scent lasted a few hours but wasn’t overbearing. I’ve used a range of scented lotions in the past and this one definitely one of my favourites.

Lime Basil & Mandarin Body & Hand Lotion - £19 per 100 ml

The body & hand wash was more subtly scented than the other products but was refreshing and intensely conditioned the skin. The scent didn’t last much after wards, but partnered with the body & hand lotion, your skin is guaranteed to have a citrus freshness all day.


Lime Basil & Mandarin Body & Handwash - £14 per 100ml

Now on to my favourite of the lot – the luxurious Jo Malone Bath Oil. This product deserves a moment of silence… One tiny little cap full was enough for the gorgeous aroma to not only fragrance the water but the whole bathroom! The oil is a golden colour and is thick in texture, and partnered with the steam and warm water it leaves your skin feeling soft, supple and moisturised. I honestly felt like royalty when I used this product and would recommend it as the perfect ‘me-time’ necessity. Think about it, a candle lit bathroom, soft music playing in the background, a warm bath and the most beautiful aroma. Heavenly!

Lime Basil & Mandarin Bath Oil - £16 per 100ml 

Jo Malone products are definitely on the pricey side, but you totally get what you pay for. I’m totally hooked now and can’t wait to try some of the other fragrances in the collection. My next pick will definitely be the English Pear and Freesia cologne, so watch this space for the review.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Sunny Side of it . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig