The Sunny Side of it

Sunday 8 May 2016

Finding the dress of a lifetime – no pressure!



My wedding will be in February 2017 and I was told that it could take up to six months for a wedding dress to be made, if you’re ordering from a store that is.

I can’t lie, the dress shop was probably the part of the wedding planning which worried me the most. Looking for a dress that will be the focus of a 300 people wedding (yes 300), will adored by my hubby and not to mention, will be all over friends and families social media channels.On top of it all, I had no idea what type of dress I wanted! I felt the pressure, pretty early on.

So after speaking with a few recently married brides, I decided to start my search off at Pronovias Bridal in Bond Street and was accompanied by the closest women in my life, my mum, my big sister and my cousin.

The customer service in Pronovias was exceptional. We were welcomed with a champagne reception and were seated in a comfy area with cream leather sofas and gorgeous fresh looking décor. Our sales assistant took the time to really guide me in terms of dress styles and gave us tabs to mark the dresses that we wanted to see on. It was so fun running around like kids marking all the most beautiful dresses in the store, it was the true meaning of playing dress up but on a whole different scale. The sales assistant also chose a few that she thought suited my body shape.


I ended up trying on around seven dresses and I liked all but one – cracking start to my search right? The dresses I tried on were absolutely stunning and were a range of lace, silk, tulle, the works. I had a blast getting all dressed up and having my family share their thoughts about what dress they favoured. It honestly felt like I was in an episode of ‘Say Yes to the Dress’.

Each of my family members are all opinionated women who had an idea of what they wanted to see me in. I can't say this was the most helpful situation for a confused bride who had no idea what they actually wanted. 


For some reason, none of the dresses really connected with me. They either gave me a great shape but I wasn’t keen on the material, or a fab design but not the desired fit. So after trying on the dresses I had a bit more of an idea of the type of dress I was after. And decided to keep up the search at other stores before making my final decision.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Sunny Side of it . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig