The Sunny Side of it

Sunday 19 June 2016

Tea O'Clock: The Tea Makers London review

          

This weekend marked my five year anniversary with my fiance' and we had a mental weekend of eating and partying. So after waking up with a slight headache, I figured a few cups of the Tea Makers range of exotic teas was the perfect way to relax!


The Tea Makers of London offer a wide range of loose-leaf teas sourced from tea estates around the world such as China, India, Sri Lanka, Japan and Taiwan. The three flavours I tasted included the traditional English Breakfast tea, the Hibiscus Bora Bora tea and the Dragon Well tea.

Firstly, the packaging is lovely. Slick, black silky and classy. Also it has a re-sealable seal making it really handy to pop in your handbag to take to work or reuse later.

Each of the teas have their own unique and interesting flavour. I will start with my favourite, the fruity Hibiscus Bora Bora. Infused with a combination of exotic and domestic fruits, the tea offers a delightful sweet and tangy flavour. As the flavour is quite fruity, I added half a teaspoon of sugar just to bring the flavour to the next level. Be prepared to be addicted!

And now on to the Dragon Well tea, Chinese green tea. I wouldn’t say it was one of the best green teas I have tasted. So the package advises to use one teaspoon for the optimum taste but I felt like the taste wasn’t strong enough for me. So I used two teaspoons and it was perfect.

I loved the English Breakfast tea; you could definitely tell it wasn’t your average PG Tips. The flavour really came through after I left the tea to infuse the water for a few minutes. Then I added a splash of semi skimmed milk and a drizzle of maple syrup to give it the finishing touch (don't knock it til you try it).

I need to invest in a tea infuser as I had to use a sieve to separate the loose tea from the water. That was a bit of a ball ache, but other than that it’s awesome and would definitely recommend trying the range.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Sunny Side of it . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig